My computer issues have greatly interfered with my blogging, which makes me sad. Things will eventually be resolved, but in the meantime, I’ve missed the seven month update/look back. So instead, I’ll just recap what Archie’s been up to for the past few months, which is actually quite a bit.
- He’s crawling everywhere: Everywhere! This has led to pretty major changes around the house in terms of childproofing. We’ve had to move the play area to his room, where there’s less going on. However, if there’s something he shouldn’t be playing with, he’ll find it. Why does he ignore all of his awesome toys and go straight for the extension cord?
- He’s standing on everything: Everything! He pulls up on anything he can get his hands on and this skill makes him, very, very proud. He’s starting to edge his way around the furniture too, so it looks like walking won’t be too far away!
- Gravity Lab has begun in earnest: Archie loves to sit in his high chair and drop his toys on the floor. It’s adorable to watch–he picks up the toy, moves his arm slowly to the side, pauses for a moment to think about his next step, then bam! He drops the toy! Adorable to watch, slightly tiresome to retrieve the toy again and again and again. But I preserver for him.
- Rolling: Now that Archie is mobile, we’re revisiting toys that are mobile. And he loves the Oball. He bats it across the room, crawls to it, bats it again. It’s kind of incredible how long this game can occupy his attention.
- Hugs: He loves both getting and giving them. The best!